Beams & Constructional Timbers
We have been cutting and selling beams since Walter Luke's (WL West) father was a young man. We are able to supply in small or large quantities. Call our sales team with your enquiry.
Sawn from European Oak, fresh logs or more seasoned logs we can offer beam components (equivalent to the Grade BS5756 1996). Brace cutting is available as is Jowel post cutting. For larger order quantities we can offer a direct delivery from our suppliers in France. We have our own strength graders trained to grade to BS5756.
Oak beams are still a living material, and it is quite normal to see cracks and splits occurring after installation. This is as a result of the beam drying out over a period of time.
Home Grown Douglas fir is available for certain applications.
For restoration work, we do stock some steady air drying beams for scarfing in repairs. These can be varying sizes, so its always advisable to call to check availability. We can normally locate your required sizes if we do not have them on stock.
Key Points for Beam supply
Please note the following key points when making your choices:
- Lengths up to 8.0 metres.
- Section sizes up to 600 x 600mm, subject to availability.
- Graded to BS5756 – TH1/TH2 THA/THB
- FSC/PEFC Logs available to cut into beam (subject to size availability)
- Beam planing service & sandblasting service
- Machine shop services
- Braces cut to customer template
- Direct loads available – ½ & full loads ex-Europe
- Air Drying beams on stock, subject to available stock
- Fresh sawn Elm beams – subject to availability
- Oak shingles available
- Oak crooks available
- Oak Laths & Pegs
- Timber Dowels available
Sales Contact: 01798 861611 option 1